Free Courses – Risk Management and Funding Partnerships
The International Council of Voluntary Agencies (ICVA) has partnered with DisasterReady to make free online learning resources available for humanitarian aid and development professionals to better understand how to apply risk management best practices in their daily work. Partnerships are a key component for improving the efficiency and impact of humanitarian action. Many international aid organizations rely on national partners and actors to implement programs and deliver assistance to people and communities affected by crisis, especially in areas with limited humanitarian access. Risk management:
- Is an important process for organizations who receive funding to work with partners and also for donors, such as the United Nations and governments who fund humanitarian operations.
- Enables organizations to identify and mitigate risks related to funding partnerships, leading to better outcomes for affected populations and improved relationships with donors.
- Enables organizations who receive funding to select the right partners to work with and determine how best to engage them in their programs.
What you will learn:
1. Risk Management in Practice Course
In this 10-minute course, you will learn how to apply risk management best practices in humanitarian response. This resource provides guidance on understanding risks, defining your organization’s risk universe, key steps in the risk management process, and embedding risk management in your organization.
2. Risk Management and Funding Partnerships Course
In this 10-minute course, you will learn best practices for managing operational challenges and risks affecting funding partnerships in the humanitarian sector. This resource provides guidance for applying risk management practices to select and engage with partner organizations in programs that are funded by external donors.
Both courses come with a downloadable PDF for offline use and works great on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
How to register
To access this free, online training resource go to DisasterReady.org to create your free account, log in, and search for “Risk Management in Practice” and “Risk Management and Funding Partnerships.”