This page has a collection of guidelines, tools, statements, papers and useful links which are relevant to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- General Information
- Humanitarian Coordination
- Forced Migration
- Civil Society space
- Communications and Community Engagement
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Statements and commentary
- Global Humanitarian Response Plan COVID-19, 25 March, 2020. Link includes abridged versions in English, French and Arabic.
- UN Secretary General Report: Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: responding to the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19, March 2020
World Health Organisation (WHO)
- The WHO website has a range of information, key messages, campaigns and daily virtual media briefings.
- WHO information Network for Epidemics - https://www.epi-win.com/ - collection of communication and community engagement resources
- Department of Global Comms has put together a trello board to house social assets and messaging in one place: https://trello.com/b/vumsShVd/covid19-social-assets-messaging
IASC - the Inter-Agency Standing Committee
- IASC webpage on information and guidance on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- Interim Guidance on Scaling-up COVID-19 Outbreak in Readiness and Response Operations in Camps and Camp-like Settings (jointly developed by IFRC, IOM, UNHCR and WHO)
- Interim Guidance on COVID-19: Focus on Persons Deprived of their Liberty March 2020, OHCHR and WHO
Interim Briefing Note Addressing Mental Health and Psychosocial Aspects of COVID-19 Outbreak (developed by the IASC’s Reference Group on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support)
- More information about mental health and psychosocial support in emergency settings- see IASC MHPSS Reference Group webpage
- Interim Guidance for COVID 19 Prevention and Control in Schools
Interim Recommendations for Adjusting Food Distribution SoPs in context of COVID 19 outbreak
- See also WFP https://fscluster.org/coronavirus
- How to include marginalized and vulnerable people in risk communication and community engagement
- IASC Interim Guidance: Gender Alert for COVID-19 Outbreak (Developed by the IASC Reference Group for Gender in Humanitarian Action - which includes OCHA, UNHCR, IMC, NRC, UNFPA, Oxfam, WRC, UN Women, UNICEF, CARE International, WFP, HIAS, HelpAge, WHO, UNDP and Concern)
- Interim Technical Note: Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) during COVID-19 Response (developed by WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF, UNHCR, WFP, IOM, OCHA, CHS Alliance, InterAction and the UN Victims’ Rights Advocate).
- Collective message to donors on how they can better support the pandemic response and ongoing humanitarian operations (developed by the IASC Result Group 5 on Humanitarian Financing)
GPC COVID-19 Guidance for Field Operations
Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) - Webinar series CCCM in COVID-19
Sphere Standards- Sphere collates and disseminates emerging practice and evidence in the Coronavirus response and released a four-page document guiding you through the relevant parts of the Sphere Handbook.
Community World Service Asia - Webinar: Quality and Accountability approaches while responding to emergencies 9 April 2020. Looking at using Quality and Accountability approaches while responding to emergencies like COVID-19.
UNHCR stepping up coronavirus prevention measures for refugees across East, Horn and Great Lakes region of Africa, 7 April 2020
UNHCR Global COVID-19 Emergency Response 1 April 2020
UNHCR “Community-Based Protection Community of Practice”, which also includes some elements related to the Covid-19
Age, Gender and Diversity Considerations – COVID-19, 21 March 2020
Press release The rights and health of refugees, migrants and stateless must be protected in COVID-19 response, 31 March 2020
COVID-19 crisis: Key protection messages, 31 March 2020
COVID-19 Response – Regional, R4V Regional Inter-Agency Coordination Platform (Venezuela)
- Global Online Mobility Restriction Tracking database: https://migration.iom.int
- IOM COVID-19 Appeal updated March 2020
- Press Release: COVID-19 Does Not Discriminate; Nor Should Our Response
- IOM Scales Up Plans for COVID-19 Readiness and Response, Appeals for USD 116.1 Million, 19 March 2020
Civil Society Action Committee- has organized a Global Statement that organisations can Sign-on to urgently call on States and government authorities at all levels to protect migrants and refugees in this global COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
ACAPS- Has a list of resources particularly related to government measures- https://www.acaps.org/projects/covid19
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has gathered resources during COVID-19 to help guide in fundraising, donor communications and more, and what it means to engage with donors during a time in which in-person interaction is likely non-existent.
Centre for Civil and Political Rights (CCPR)- geo-map tool that reflects measures taken by states in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic
- has been collecting Resources in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic for information, resources, and support.
- has launched a campaign to Protect co-workers during COVID-19: A social Security Protocol for Civil Society
ILO - ILO’s policy framework to fight COVID-19, provides a shared template for civil society groups to deliberate context-specific measures and adopt feasible actions in a time-bound and transparent manner.
International Centre for Not-for profit Law (ICNL):
- Has a page that presents key resources and information on how international law provides a framework to uphold human rights during crisis response.
- Established a tracker to monitor government responses to the pandemic that affect civic freedoms and human rights, focusing on emergency laws.
- Published a report that discusses how governmental responses to COVID-19, especially emergency measures, affect civic space and provides recommendations for a rights-respecting rapid response to coronavirus pandemic.
Top10VPN: have been tracking measures taken which affect digital rights in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. The below are the key findings:
TrustLaw- repository of legal resources from their network designed to address the implications of COVID-19 for their non-profit and social enterprise members
Help Age - Protecting older people during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic (English, Spanish, French, Arabic)
Gender and Gender Based Violence
- Gender based violence (GBV-AoR) - resource hub
- GBV Case Management and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Country Guidance Notes on GBV Service Provision during the time of COVID-19,
WHO and key leaders including ICVA members- Joint Leader's statement - Violence against children: A hidden crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, 8 April 2020
- webinar ICYMI: How will COVID-19 impact crisis zones? 19 March 2020
- Coronavirus and humanitarian aid response, 19 March 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic emergency ethics, 18 March 2020
- Jan Egeland: Humanitarian work must adapt to dangers of Covid-19. 1 April 2020
- Three ways our programmes are fighting coronavirus, 28 March 2020
- 10 things you should know about coronavirus and refugees, 16 March 2020
Ideas for a Pro-Poor and Pro-Women approach to COVID,13 March 2020
Palestinian Non Governmental Organisations Network (PNGO) - calls upon Donors and Supporters to act now to ensure Palestinian civil society resilience against COVID-19 pandemic, 29 March 2020