The ICVA Regional Hub in Africa is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It was previously based in Dakar, Senegal, and was established in July 2013, following consultations held in September 2012 with national and international NGOs operating in the region. Since its opening, the Africa Regional Hub has engaged widely with members and partners in line with the overall strategy based on the four areas: forced migration, coordination, financing and cross cutting issues.
The ICVA Africa Regional Hub works closely with members and NGO fora to:
- Strengthen the role of NGO Fora in regional and national-level humanitarian coordination and advocacy
- Facilitate ICVA members engagement with inter-governmental organisations and Member States in the region
- Link operational realities to global policies and practice
- Create opportunities for regional consultation and collective action on issues of common interest.
Mr Marco Rotelli, Regional Representative for Africa
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, Marco focuses on developing ICVA’s approach and platforms of engagement in the Africa region.
Mr Addis Tesfa, Deputy Regional Representative for Africa
Based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Addis supports the ICVA Africa team to pursue ICVA's overall strategy on forced migration, coordination, financing and cross-cutting issues.
This platform is for members to:
- Exchange information on regionally focused perspectives on the development of the humanitarian sector
- Increase understanding and share opportunities for engagement with diverse and key actors in the region
- Identify opportunities for engagement in regional or global advocacy initiatives.
Topics addressed include: the Grand Bargain, Global Compact on Refugees, IASC Regional Network, and regional engagement with diverse humanitarian actors.
To join the group contact the ICVA Africa Regional Representative.