A virtual, interactive panel discussion moderated by Ms Ilze Brands Kehris, Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights, with civil society and UN representatives on strengthening the UN’s role in promoting and protecting civic space under the Secretary-General’s Call to Action for Human Rights and the UN Guidance Note on Civic Space
- Friday, 4 December 2020
- 10:00 to 11:30 AM (New York)
To Register: Click here
The event will feature:
- Volker Türk, Assistant Secretary-General for Strategic Coordination, Executive Office of the Secretary-General
- Åsa Regnér, Assistant Secretary-General, UN Women Siddharth Chatterjee, UN Resident Coordinator in Kenya
- Lysa John, Secretary General, CIVICUS
- Shirine Jurdi, MENA Regional Representative, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
- Lina Yismeray Gómez Navarro, Advocacy Coordinator, Dignidad y Justicia en el Camino AC
Organisational Culture Matters: Leadership, staff well-being and living our values
Geneva Peace Week 2020: "Rebuilding trust after disruption: Pathways to reset international cooperation"
Geneva Peace Week (GPW) is a leading annual forum in the international peacebuilding calendar, and the flagship event of the Geneva Peacebuilding Platform. This year, the thematic focus of the week is "Rebuilding trust after disruption: Pathways to reset international cooperation". Geneva Peace Week 2020 (GPW20) aims to galvanise leadership, build trust and contribute to transforming international cooperation in the wake of COVID-19.
2-6 November 2020
Participants to the Geneva Peace Week must register online for the sessions using the following link :
To see the agenda, live sessions and digital series visit : https://eu.eventscloud.com/website/3030/home/
HOW TO REDUCE RISK, ADDRESS IMPACTS AND STRENGTHEN RESILIENCE
ONLINE PRESENTATION AND Q&A AT THE OCCASION
OF THE INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR DISASTER RISK REDUCTION
When: Tuesday 13 October.
- 8 am New York
- 2pm Geneva
- 3pm Nairobi
- 7pm Bangkok
Register here: https://bit.ly/3d7Jo56
How can displacement considerations be integrated into disaster risk reduction (DRR) policy and practice to improve risk governance?
This online presentation and Q&A session will identify key issues related to disaster displacement and the tools available to address displacement risk in DRR strategies. The event will focus particularly on the Words into Action Guidelines on Disaster Displacement - How to reduce risk, address impacts and strengthen resilience.
With this year’s International Day for DRR focusing on Target (E) of the Sendai Framework for DRR 2015-2030 on increasing the number of countries with national and local DRR strategies, the event aims to support DRR practitioners to develop holistic DRR strategies.
Addressing and Preventing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment in international development and humanitarian aid: Learning from International and Japanese Organisations
Taking necessary measures to prevent sexual exploitation and abuse is a critical and integral part for any organisation to play to uphold international standards and humanitarian principles. This online event is expected to provide an overview of the current debate on the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment and to discuss underlying issues concerning the promotion of this agenda in Japan.
30 September 2020, at 15:00-17:00 (JST)
- Registration is required. Please click Here for the registration
- *Zoom Link will be sent to registered e-mail address
Welcome and Introduction
- Hideki Wakabayashi, Executive Director, JANIC
Key note speakers:
- Current debate on PSEA (Alon Plato, Policy Officer, ICVA)
- PSEA/H in Japan (Masako Tanaka, Professor, Sophia University)
Moderator: Eriko Kobayashi, JICA
- Jules Frost, Head of Programmes &Partnerships, CHS Alliance
- Sara Burrows, Head of Partnerships and Policy, Australian Council for International Development(ACFID)
- Mio Nemoto, Senior Advisor/Deputy, UNICEF Tokyo Office, Public Partnership Division
- Chigusa Ikeuchi, Regional Program Coordinator, World Vision Japan
Question and answer (floor discussion)
- Toshihide Kawasaki, Director of NGO Cooperation Division, MoFA
Japanese and English. Simultaneous translation (Japanese-English) will be provided.