ICVA 2019 Annual Conference:
Translating Commitments to Action
26 March 2019, Geneva
Following the various commitments made through the World Humanitarian Summit, the Grand Bargain, the New York Declarations and the Global Compacts on Refugees and Migration, the UN Reform process, the Localization discussion- it is now time to take a hard look at how and what we, as an NGO community, should be doing to translate these commitments into action while putting people at the centre.
Our conference will provide a space for ICVA Members and other stakeholders to :
- Analyse and explain organisational and country-specific experiences of what change is required
- Explore what form of support is required to NGOs to spur these changes to translate commitments into actions, and for those who have made changes, what they would require to further improve practice
Facilitate NGOs to have increased opportunities to contribute and influence policy changes and practices at global level.
The Concept Note for the Annual Conference has more information about the approach of the conference.
The following materials are useful pre-readings:
- Localization examined
- the New Way of Working examined
- the Global Compact on Refugees explained
- the Grand Bargain explained
- the World Bank and refugees
- Civil society space in humanitarian action
- ALNAP’s Transforming Change report
If you are interested in attending the ICVA Annual Conference on 26 March 2018, please complete this online form. You will only be registered once you have received a confirmation email.