Perspectives of peacebuilding actors in the humanitarian-development-peace nexus
On 19 July, join us for the fourth session in the learning stream on the humanitarian-development-peace nexus, jointly organised by ICVA and PHAP.
This session will explore how peace actors see their role in the nexus – including both what humanitarian and development actors can learn from peacebuilding and how peacebuilding efforts can better work towards shared outcomes with other actors in the nexus.
Other speakers to be announced
Director of Policy, ICVA
Executive Director, PHAP
- Inclusive Peace and Transition Initiative. “Briefing Note: Preventing Violence through Inclusion”. Geneva: Inclusive Peace and Transition Initiative, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, January 2018.
- Buchanan, Elysia. “Hungry For Peace: Exploring the Links between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan”. Oxfam, February 2018.
- Anderson, Louise Riis. “The HIPPO in the room: The pragmatic push-back from the UN peace bureaucracy against the militarization of UN peacekeeping”. International Affairs, February 2018.
- Ross, Nick. “Civil Society’s Role in Monitoring and Verifying Peace Agreements: Seven Lessons from International Experiences”. Geneva: Inclusive Peace and Transition Initiative, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, January 2017.
- Bernstein, Tanja. “Reforming the United Nations’ Peace and Security Pillar”. Centre for International Peace Operations, 2017.
- Interpeace. “How Humanitarian Response can strengthen resilience to violent conflict and end need. Insights and recommendations”. Interpeace, 27 May 2016.
- United Nations. “Report of the High-Level Independent Panel on United Nations Peace Operations”. United Nations, 16 June 2015.
- United Nations. “ The Challenge of Sustaining Peace: Report of the Advisory Group of Experts for the 2015 Review of the United Nations Peacebuilding Architecture”. United Nations, 25 June 2015.
- United Nations. “Preventing Conflict Transforming Justice Securing the Peace: A Global Study on the Implementation of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325.” United Nations, 2015.