Addressing and Preventing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment in international development and humanitarian aid: Learning from International and Japanese Organisations
Taking necessary measures to prevent sexual exploitation and abuse is a critical and integral part for any organisation to play to uphold international standards and humanitarian principles. This online event is expected to provide an overview of the current debate on the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment and to discuss underlying issues concerning the promotion of this agenda in Japan.
30 September 2020, at 15:00-17:00 (JST)
- Registration is required. Please click Here for the registration
- *Zoom Link will be sent to registered e-mail address
Welcome and Introduction
- Hideki Wakabayashi, Executive Director, JANIC
Key note speakers:
- Current debate on PSEA (Alon Plato, Policy Officer, ICVA)
- PSEA/H in Japan (Masako Tanaka, Professor, Sophia University)
Moderator: Eriko Kobayashi, JICA
- Jules Frost, Head of Programmes &Partnerships, CHS Alliance
- Sara Burrows, Head of Partnerships and Policy, Australian Council for International Development(ACFID)
- Mio Nemoto, Senior Advisor/Deputy, UNICEF Tokyo Office, Public Partnership Division
- Chigusa Ikeuchi, Regional Program Coordinator, World Vision Japan
Question and answer (floor discussion)
- Toshihide Kawasaki, Director of NGO Cooperation Division, MoFA
Japanese and English. Simultaneous translation (Japanese-English) will be provided.
2nd session – Wednesday, July 29 | 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM Bangkok time
Topic: GBV Risk Mitigation
- To be informed about relevant elements of the IASC GBV Guidelines on GBV risk mitigation
- To learn about good practices on GBV risk mitigation from various clusters/sectors
- To understand accountability measures to track progress of GBV risk mitigation measure
The registration for the first session on Wednesday, Jun 24, 2020 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM Bangkok Time is now open at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUsd-CupzsiGdzpmvqz7Jhc966jpMcMjkUJ. You will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting after registering. Please feel free to forward this information to your colleagues/networks too.