This online event will feature a prominent panel of experts who help to provide evidence that debunks common and dangerous myths surrounding climate change and displacement.
This will be the first of two events that IDMC organises as lead-in to our 2021 Global Report on Internal Displacement, with a thematic focus on climate change and disaster displacement.
Moderator and opening remarks:
- Alexandra Bilak, Director of IDMC
- António Vitorino, Director General of the International Organization for Migration
- François Gemenne, Director of the Hugo Observatory and Lead Author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Sonia Shah, Investigative Journalist and Author of “The Next Great Migration: The Beauty and Terror of Life on the Move”
- Prof. Rajib Shaw, Professor, Keio University, Japan and Ex-Chair of the United Nations Science Technology Advisory Group and IPCC Coordinating Lead Author
e common myths and provide a strong evidence base for policymakers.