Dealing with a Double Disaster: What happens when disaster strikes during a pandemic?
When: Tuesday 21 July, 3.30–5PM (AEST)
Where: Zoom (online event)
Key topics: How organisations are aligning disaster preparedness and COVID-19 response plans; the changing role of international, national and local humanitarian actors in disaster response during COVID-19, and; how to better protect vulnerable and marginalised groups from the impacts of a ‘double disaster’.
- Dr Manu Gupta, Co-Founder SEEDS, India
- Ilisapeci Rokotunidau, Director General, Fiji Red Cross Society
- Craig Kentwell, Director Humanitarian Operations, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Arnel Capili, Deputy Executive Director, ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance
- Jennifer Clancy, ACFID, Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy Advisor
With a focus on knowledge, action, leadership and transformational change, the panel will examine key challenges for public health programs, and consider leadership requirements and collaborative approaches to lessen the impact.
No Safe Space: Crisis response in COVID-19 is a four-part online forum series co-presented by the Centre for Humanitarian Leadership, Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and Humanitarian Advisory Group (HAG).