30 Years of Uncertainty: Myanmar Refugees Living on the Thailand-Myanmar Border
For more than three decades, tens of thousands of refugees from Myanmar have lived in “temporary shelters” along the Thailand-Myanmar border. Nine camps continue to shelter more than 90,000 refugees. During this week, panelists will discuss the situation of this protracted refugee population and potential solutions for their future.
- Wannasingh Prasertkul, Documentary Producer “Savage Voyage” Travel, Youtube channel
- A representative from the refugee community living on the Thailand-Myanmar border
- Fr. Joseph Gerald Hampson, Education and Pastoral Project Director, Jesuit Refugee Service
- Themba Addison Lewis, Secretary-General, Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Network
- Komson Phayonsakdapas, Mae Sot Senior Field Coordinator, Save the Children
- TBC, Representative from the Ministry of Interior
- Sally Thompson, Director of The Border Consortium, and Chairperson of Committee for Coordination of Services to Displaced Persons in Thailand
Patcharin Na Wichai, Operations Coordinator, Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Network
Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. (Bangkok time).
Zoom Webinar. Click here to register.