The World Benchmarking Alliance, Universal Rights Group, International Chamber of Commerce, and Permanent Mission of Norway to the UN and Other International Organisations in Geneva, are pleased to invite you to join a virtual panel event taking place concurrently during the High Level Political Forum as well as the 44th session of the UN Human Rights Council:
As countries and economies move to build back better following the COVID-19 pandemic, this multi-stakeholder and interactive dialogue will explore the role of transparency and accountability from the private sector in achieving the 2030 Agenda and human rights commitments alike.
Scheduled as the 2020 High-Level Political Forum in New York and the 44th session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva convene concurrently, this conversation will bring different stakeholders on what is needed to fulfill the Decade of Action and escape traditional silos and divides.
This event will highlight needs and best practices on protecting the rights of workers and vulnerable populations in the workplace, marketplace, community, and across their supply chains - particularly in light of the COVID-19 crisis. It will also focus on identifying channels and solutions for stronger collaboration across sectors and industries, including on building back better.
- Examine steps that the UN, governments, companies, and civil society can take to strengthen global norms for transparency from and accountability of the private sector on human rights and the SDGs.
- Accelerate implementation of UN Human Rights Council Resolution 43/27, including helping inform planned Council intersessions on the 2030 Agenda and human rights.
- Identify the most urgent needs and best practices from business community to protect the rights of workers and vulnerable populations in the workplace, marketplace, community, and across their supply chains.
- Identify channels and solutions for stronger New York-Geneva collaboration on Agenda 2030 and human rights.
- Lene Wendland, Chief, Business and Human Rights, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Crispin Conroy, Permanent Observer, International Chamber of Commerce to the UN Office in Geneva
- Marc Limon, Executive Director, Universal Rights Group
- Paulina Murphy, Engagement Director, World Benchmarking Alliance
The concept note can be found here. Participants can register below and join the discussion online using #HLPF and #HRC44.
This event will be recorded and is considered on-the-record. Please send questions to Ryan Kaminski at firstname.lastname@example.org.