Introduction to the ICVA Latin America Regional Hub
In Spetember 2019, ICVA joined in partnership with FM4 Paso Libre in Guadalajara, Mexico to extend ICVA's presence in the region. FM4 Paso Libre is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the defense and promotion of human rights of migrants and refugees through comprehensive humanitarian assistance, advocacy and research in western Mexico. FM4 Paso Libre is an active ICVA member since 2018.
This partnership extendes ICVA's reach and membership into the Latin America region with the intention of makeing humanitarian action more principled and effective by working collectively and independently to influence policy and practice.
- Strengthening the role of NGO Fora in regional and national-level humanitarian coordination and advocacy
- Tracking trends related to forced migration and displacement in the region
- Linking operational realities to global policies and practice
- Creating opportunities for regional consultation and collective action on issues of common interest.
For more information on ICVA in the Latin America region, contact: Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Several of ICVA's Briefing papers have been translated into Spanish. You can find a list of those resources below:
- REFORZARSE, REFORZARSE, REFORZARSE: Localización respecto de la respuesta global humanitaria durante el COVID-19, March 2020
- Un análisis sobre la localización, October 2019
- Resumen conjunto del Consorcio de ONG sobre la Conferencia Internacional de Solidaridad sobre la crisis de refugiados y migrantes venezolanos, October 2019
- EL GRAN PACTO EXPLICADO: documento informativo del ICVA, March 2017