Meeting to provide feedback on the First Draft of the Climate and Environment Charter for Humanitarian Organisations in English, French, Arabic and Spanish.
ICVA is part of the Advisory Committee to draft the Climate and Environment Charter. The Advisory Committee includes a number of humanitarian and climate actors (UN, civil society, academics, Red Cross Red Crescent Movement) led by the ICRC and the IFRC and is working together to develop a series of short and clear commitments that could guide our efforts as humanitarians in relation to limiting the impacts of climate change and environmental degradation on communities and reducing our own footprint.
This is linked to a pledge on “Strengthening the resilience of communities to climate change and environmental degradation through climate-smart humanitarian action”, made at the 33rd International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent by the IFRC and the ICRC. The pledge is about leading a consultative process to develop a new, succinct, accessible and aspirational Climate and Environment Charter in 2021 that will be made available to the wider humanitarian sector for adoption in the spirit of the Code of Conduct of 1994.
Online consultations: A series of regional consultations have been organised to collect feedback from members on the draft Charter
To register: Please register your interest in joining the online consultations by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 January. A confirmation with the link to the online meeting will be sent upon registration.
- Africa consultations: Wednesday, 27 January (English) 12:00 Nairobi / 10:00 CET or (French) 11:00 Dakar / 12:00 CET
- LATAM consultations: Thursday, 28 January 10:00 Mexico / 17:00 CET
- Asia-Pacific consultations: Tuesday, 2 February 12:00 BKK / 06:00 CET
- MENA consultations: Thursday, 4 February 15:00 Jordan / 14:00 CET
- Europe and US consultations: Tuesday 9 February 09.00 CEST or 16.00 CEST. For these consultations please register here.