Examples of NGO pledges and contributions for the Global Refugee Forum 2019
The document compiles examples of pledges and contributions emanating from Non-governmental Organizations worldwide. It provides a snapshot of NGOs engagement towards a first Global Refugee Forum that delivers tangible contributions to the objectives of the Global Compact on Refugees and sets an ambitious standard for future refugee response.
Preparatory meetings with UNHCR
Third preparatory meeting 14 November 2019, Geneva
Second preparatory meeting 25 June 2019, Geneva
First preparatory meeting 29 March 2019, Geneva
In the upcoming first Global Refugee Forum on 17-18 December in the Palais des Nations Unies in Geneva in Switzerland, multi-stakeholders including Member States, NGOs, refugees, academics, the private sector can become co-sponsors. For this purpose, UNHCR opened co-sponsoring meetings for the six areas of focus on Arrangements for burden- and responsibility-sharing, Education, Jobs and livelihoods, Energy and infrastructure, Solutions and Protection capacity.
More information can be found on UNHCR’s webpage.
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting 8 -11 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Solutions 17 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Education 25 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Protection Capacity 30 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Jobs and Livelihoods 31 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Solutions 22 August 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Jobs & Livelihoods 28 August 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Burden- and responsibility-sharing 04 September 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Protection capacity 16 September 2019
Meetings between UNHCR and NGOs
4 March 2019 discusion on GRF between UNHCR and NGOS: Notes for members only