Preparatory meetings with UNHCR
Second preparatory meeting 25 June 2019, Geneva
NGO statement on Agenda item 1: Organisational Arrangements
NGO statement on Agenda item 2: Structure for the Global Refugee Forum
First preparatory meeting 29 March 2019, Geneva
NGO statement on Agenda item 2: Draft indicators for progress towards the objectives of the Global Compact on Refugees
NGO statement on Agenda item 3: thematic priorities for the pledging process and the sharing of good practices
In the upcoming first Global Refugee Forum on 17-18 December in the Palais des Nations Unies in Geneva in Switzerland, multi-stakeholders including Member States, NGOs, refugees, academics, the private sector can become co-sponsors. For this purpose, UNHCR opened co-sponsoring meetings for the six areas of focus on Arrangements for burden- and responsibility-sharing, Education, Jobs and livelihoods, Energy and infrastructure, Solutions and Protection capacity.
More information can be found on UNHCR’s webpage.
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting 8 -11 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Solutions 17 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Education 25 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Protection Capacity 30 July 2019
- Notes GRF co-sponsoring meeting Jobs and Livelihoods 31 July 2019
Meetings between UNHCR and NGOs
4 March 2019 discusion on GRF between UNHCR and NGOS: Notes for members only