The ICVA Regional Hub in Asia (based in Bangkok, Thailand) was established in July 2013, following consultations held in September 2012 with national and international NGOs operating in the region. Since its opening, the Hub has engaged widely with members and partners in the region, through a range of projects, events, research, facilitations and missions that have fed into our global and regional portfolios.
The ICVA Asia Regional Hub works closely with members and NGO fora to:
- Strengthen the role of NGO Fora in regional and national-level humanitarian coordination and advocacy
- Facilitate ICVA’s engagement with inter-governmental organisations and Member States in the region
- Link operational realities to global policies and practice
- Create opportunities for regional consultation and collective action on issues of common interest.
Ms Qingrui Huang Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific (Interim assignment)
This platform is for members to:
- Exchange information on regionally focused perspectives on the development of the humanitarian sector
- Increase understanding and share opportunities for engagement with diverse and key actors in the region
- Identify opportunities for engagement in regional or global advocacy initiatives.
Topics addressed include: the Grand Bargain, Global Compact on Refugees, IASC Regional Network, and regional engagement with diverse humanitarian actors.
To join the group contact the ICVA Asia Regional Representative.
OCHA Presentation on Understanding the AHA Centre
ICVA's Regional Learning Webinar was an opportunity to discuss and share with our members and NGO partners
An understanding the operations and structure of the AHA Centre (ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance on Disaster Management)
The opportunities for partnership between NGOs and the AHA Centre
Perspectives on how this type of model can evolve / change to better engage multiple stakeholders in the region (and globally).
Ms. Adelina Kamal, Executive Director of the AHA Centre
Mr. Oliver Lacey-Hall, Head of OCHA Indonesia Office (ASEAN Liaison Office)
Dr. Heng Aik Cheng, Chair of the AADMER Partnership Group and Vice President of Mercy Malaysia
Mr. Jeremy Wellard, Regional Representative for Asia, ICVA
Date and time: 12 October 2017, 15:00 BKK/JKT (10:00 Geneva; 11:00 Amman/Nairobi; 16:00 Manila)
Length: 90 minutes
Audience: The event is particularly targeted to those working in international and national NGOs engaged in humanitarian action, who are seeking for a stronger understanding of the role of regional humanitarian actors. The event is open to the public.
Focus: To provide NGOs and partners with a general understanding of the role of ASEAN and The AHA Centre in disaster management, and what this role means to NGOs.
Format: Introductory presentations, followed by moderated Q&A discussion (with audience participation via online submission of questions).